Scotchgard is a water-repellant that protects your fabric from spills and stains. It repels liquids and blocks stains very well, but it does not repel pet hair.
It protects your fabric from pet urine as it prevents the urine from absorbing into the material. 3M has a Scotchgard OXY spot and stain remover for pets that help block, protect your fabric, and clean up your pet stains. You can check this out and see if you like this product though it does not say that it repels pet hair.
What Else Can You Do?
The texture of the fabric that you wear really matters. It is the most likely reason why pet hair is stuck on your clothing.
Soft and plush fabrics like wool, corduroy, velvet, velour, and sweat pants (cotton and polyester napped fabric) will attract way more pet hair than smoother fabrics.
For Your Clothes
- Use the Scotch-Brite Lint Roller to pick up your dog or cat fur, fuzz, hair, and lint. This does a really great job on clothing. You can also buy clothes that are made from materials that attract less pet hair.
- The Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter sponge removes dog, cat and other pet hair from your clothes as well.
For Your Dog or Cat
- This FURminator de-shedding tool removes loose hair from your dog’s coat. Just make sure you get the size that is right for your dog. Small, medium, or large. Thank us later.
- The ChomChom Roller removes cat hair and dog hair trapped on your beds, blankets, sofas, couches, and comforters very well. This is great if your pet is shedding a lot of hair on your furniture.
Where Should You Not Use Scotchgard Fabric Protector?
- Do not use this product on your carpets. It was made specifically for upholstery and fabric. Yes, it is tempting.
- Do not use Scotchgard on your carpets, leathers, finished wood floors or plastics.
- Do not use it on fabric that cannot be cleaned with water.
Can You Scotchgard Upholstery?
You can apply Scotchgard to upholstery. When applied to your couches, they repel liquids that touch the surface. You can hire a professional, or you can do it yourself using the Scotchgard Fabric & Upholstery Protector
How Fast Does Scotchgard Dry?
Scotchgard spray takes 2-4 hours to dry when you apply light coatings to your fabric. It may take longer to dry if the environment is colder or humid.
Does Scotchgard Expire?
If appropriately stored at 120 degrees Fahrenheit and safe from punctures a bottle of Scotchgard Protector can last up to three years.
Can You Wash Scotch-guarded Fabric?
Most fabric treated with Scotchgard Protector can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth, and your sofas are easy to vacuum as well.
Does Scotchgard Smell?
Scotchgard has a strong odor, but
How Much Does it Cost to Scotchgard a Sofa?
The cost to Scotchgard a sofa depends on two factors;
1. Whether you’re hiring a professional to Scotchgard your sofa.
2. You can purchase the Scotchgard Protector at about $10 per bottle and do it yourself, but you might need more than one bottle.
At the end of the day, it all depends on the kind of job you are expecting to be done, the type of look that you want and the amount of time you can dedicate to doing it yourself.
What is Scotchgard Made of?
Scotchgard is made of Perfluorobutanesulfonic acid – A chemical compound with strong carbon-fluorine bonds. This helps to create tightly packed particles on fabric, making liquid absorption very difficult.
1. Scotchgard Fabric and Upholstery Protector does not repel pet hair, but it protects your furniture from spills, pet mess, and stains. Scotchgard Fabric and Upholstery Protector does not repel pet hair, but it protects your furniture from spills, pet mess, and stains.
2. You can use Scotchgard on virtually any fabric or upholstery – EXCEPT on carpets, leathers and finished wood floors.
3. Yes, this product works well on suede fabric.
4. Scotchgard does not harm your pets.
5. Scotchgard Auto is also available for your car – for your non-leather car seats.
Scotchgard is great for a lot of things, but it’s unfortunately not a pet hair repellent.
Regularly grooming and de-shedding your pet’s hair will help reduce the amount of hair that will linger on the surfaces in your home.
If you use the tools that are recommended, it will make things a lot easier for you, especially when it comes to pet hair sticking to your clothes.